Thursday, July 5, 2012

Double Duty Thursday

So....I missed last week so I'm going to try to make it up but sharing a memory that has two...count em...two throwback songs in them that are completely different from each other which is really cool! Back in April of 1997 my parents took my brother, my friend Melissa, and I to the opening of the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History in Detroit. It was awesome because it was a school night and that meant we were able to stay up late! My mom took us to the mall after school and she bought us each two cassingles (cassette singles lol)! I thought I had died and gone to heaven because I had to beg my parents to buy me music! I cant remember the singles that Melissa chose but I remember the two that I picked. The first song I picked was Puff Daddy and Mase "Cant Nobody Hold Me Down" I know every word that that song, it is my favorite song that they did together.



The other song that I picked was Duncan Sheik's "Barely Breathing" That is another song that stops me dead in my tracks and I can move until it is over. It takes me right back to 1997. I remember hating the song for the longest and then I just couldn't get enough of it. I know I dont have my Puff Daddy single anymore but I think that I still have my Duncan Sheik single. If I find it I will post it.



This was a great time, we got some amazing music, went to an amazing museum opening, and got to stay up SUPER late! 

No comments:

Post a Comment