Friday, August 3, 2012

If you ever need me....Kiss the Rain!

This Throwback Thursday song is Billie Meyers song Kiss The Rain. This song came out in 1997 when I was in middle school. I fell in love with it instantly and couldn't get enough of it. I remember wondering if it was a girl or boy singing the song. Then, I bought the album and realized that it was definitely a woman. The memory that is linked to this song is from when I was in 8th grade. Our choir teacher asked all of us to bring in our favorite song at the time and I was trying to pick a song no one else would have. I decided to present this song to all of my classmates because I knew no one else would have it. As I was waiting for my turn to present the teacher received a phone call and I was called out of the room. I was told to go to the orchestra room and when I got there my parents were waiting for me! As I walked in my orchestra teacher followed me in. He sat us all down and talked to my parents about the boy I was dating and how he didn't think it was a good idea! ARE YOU SERIOUS!! Did he just tell my parents about my boyfriend? Yes, he did and needless to say I was in BIG trouble when I got home. We had to break up....it was sad but....we ended up going to freshman homecoming together and my parents thought he was really nice! They didn't even know it was the same boy. So, just like thinking that Billie Meyers was a man because of her name and voice, you can't judge a book by its cover ;)


And....I didn't know there were two versions of this video! You learn something new everyday!


This is the version I remember watching as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment