Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lets slow dance to Spice Girls.....Not on camera!

It has been a few weeks and I have been devoid of inspiration but then this awesome little gem hit me! This story falls under Throwback Thursday and a fun little memory. The summer of 97 I was in Teen Camp...yet again because it was the best place on earth. It was the end of the summer and we were having our end of summer dance. I always recorded it so I could keep a fun memory of the summer. Unfortunately I lended my video out and NEVER got it back.....but I digress. Well, it was the dance and my friends and I were all taking turns with the camera and it was slow dance time. At the time I was dating Denny...again and EVERYONE came looking for us so we could dance to this popular song.


They found Denny and they were still looking for me. I was freaking out because I really wanted to dance with him but...the whole thing was being documented and I knew my parents would want to see it. At the time my parents didn't want me dating and if they saw us dancing I would have to answer too many questions. So when they did find me they dragged me out to the dance floor, kicking and screaming. I fought it all the way and it was so bad our counselor Reggie had to stop fiasco! It was soooo embarassing and it was ALL on tape. I felt bad because it seemed like I didn't want to dance with my boyfriend and it seemed like I was mad at all of my friends for trying to make me do something  I really did want to do. Later on in the day, my tape had run out, and the dance was coming to an end, Reggie played one more slow song.


At the start of the song Denny and I found each other and danced the song away. Reminicing on the wonderful summer we had and how we probably wouldn't see each other for awhile. We enjoyed every second of it and how we would never forget the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment