Friday, June 22, 2012

Stop making me feel like I've gone crazy! I know this song was out before!

A couple of months ago I was driving one of my foster kids (that we will call Kelly) to an appointment and Adele came on the radio. Kelly loved Adele and she was talking about how she really liked the song Rumor Has It. When the DJ intro'd the song he said "Here is the new song from Adele, Rumor Has It". I turned to Kelly and said "This song isn't new! They released it after Rolling in the Deep!" Then, after that time of hearing it refered to as a new song the DJ's kept doing it. I was so frustrated because I KNEW it wasn't a new song, they just re-released it. Then it made me remember back in the 90's when they did it with the Savage Garden song To the Moon and Back. I remember talking to all my friends about how great the song was but the song wasn't new. Everyone INSISTED that I didn't know what I was talking about and there is no way this song was out previously. I just knew they had released it once before and it even had a different music video! I know because during the course of the time when Savage Garden was out the lead singer lost some weight and you can see the difference between the two videos. This evening I had to look it up and to my satisfaction :) I found both videos! I knew I wasn't crazy but the record companies need to stop doing this to me cuz I temporarily doubt my sanity.

First Version







Re-Release Version




So long story short I read that after they debuted with "I Want You" or the chicka cherry cola song they came out with To the Moon and Back. It didn't do well here in the states but the next song "Truely, Madly, Deeply" did great. After that they decided to re-release To the Moon and Back and it was a hit, a brand new hit to many, but not to me :) This has been driving me nuts and I'm so glad I found both music videos because back then we couldn't prove this kind of stuff so easily....but we can now!

No comments:

Post a Comment