Friday, June 8, 2012

Blaque goes boom....like an 808!

My Throwback Thursday (on Friday....I know...) jam this week is 808 by the group Blaque.


This song came out in 1999 and the album was great also! I was also very lucky because I was able to meet this awesome group when I was a freshman in HS. When we moved to Saline we ended up meeting this really nice family that lived up the street. It was also great because we lived in a town that wasn't very diverse and they were another black family that lived close to us. The family had two young girls and their parents asked me to babysit them during the summer. The first time I babysat for them after I was done the girls father asked me if I had ever heard of the group Blaque. "Of course I have!" I replied "I really like the song 808". The girls father then told me that the lead singer of the group was his other daughter Shamari. I thought I was in heaven! My new found information made me love this group even more. After continuing to babysit Shamari's half sisters for about 6 months they invited me to go and see the girls perform at the summer music festival. We got to the concert late and we were able to stand on the side of the stage as they performed! We also got to hang out in the girls dressing room and meet the other artist that were there! It was one of the greatest nights of my life! Blaque's dressing room was even across from Destinys Child's dressing room and Beyonce waved at me! That was definitely an amazing time in my life and I am very happy Blaque's album was the soundtrack to my summer that year.



    On a side note....look at those braces lol. I do not miss my awkward years :)




No comments:

Post a Comment