Wednesday, May 30, 2012

TGIF.....boy do I miss those days!

You know what takes me back......this!


Every friday was TGIF in our house. We always ordered pizza, wings, breadsticks and a two liter from Pizza Hut....the best part of the week!






YUMMY!!!!!!

This is exactly what was on our living room table Friday night at 8pm. This is making me hungry just looking at it.....mmmmmm! As the pizza guy was arriving at the door, my brother and I were getting the paper plates and cups ready to eat. We all then proceeded to sit down at the table in front of the TV and we turned on ABC to watch the TGIF lineup. That was when I let go of the stress of the school week, relished in the fact that I got to sleep in, and got excited about leftover pizza hut for lunch on Saturday. Now, TGIF had many different shows which included Family Matters, Step by Step, Dinosaurs, Full House, Perfect Strangers, Boy Meets World, Hangin with Mr. Cooper, Sister Sister, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Mr. Belvedere, and On Our Own. My favorite lineup was Family Matters, Step by Step, Boy Meets World, and Hangin with Mr. Cooper. I have so many fond memories of these wonderful Friday nights that got me through the school week but it is a lot to cover in one post. I think I will do a series on Fridays called bringin back TGIF and talk about each of these great shows and how they will always be a big part of the 90's and my elementary/middle school memories. I think that they should bring TGIF back, not necessarily with new shows but do the old lineups again. It would be a great tradition to start with my family on Friday nights. Maybe I might try to get them on DVD and host my own TGIF what do you think? Would you do it? Should we get together and have TGIF parties? I THINK SO!

No comments:

Post a Comment